'Time to look to future' after funding bid failure
5:01pm Thursday 19th September 2013 in News
MILFORD HAVEN has missed out on its share of a multi-million pound regeneration fund for Wales.
Of the 22 Welsh counties to submit an application for the Welsh Government’s Viable and Vibrant Places Programme, only half were selected to go through to the next stage.
Guy Woodham, councillor for Milford Haven east ward, said the news was an “obvious blow” for the area.
He added: “That said, this disappointing outcome will not stop progress being made and we have a Town Regeneration Action Plan in place which the Town Team will now focus on delivering over the coming months.
“There is still good cause to be optimistic and I hope everyone will engage with the Town Team as we consult on the plan and invite constructive comment on the best way to move forward.”
Assembly Member Paul Davies said it was “unacceptable that Milford Haven has been overlooked”, especially as the town centre was riddled with empty shops.
Milford Haven councillor Stephen Joseph said he was “absolutely gutted” the application had been unsuccessful, but thanked everyone involved in the process for all their hard work.