Arrogant, deluded nonsense
2:03pm Monday 11th March 2013 in Letters
WITH bovine effluent being spread across our green and pleasant land, the planet is continually getting warmer, and the warming is already causing extreme weather.
If we don’t take quick and drastic action, Armageddon will be upon us. The idiotic notion that the faster we cut carbon in our power generation the more prosperous we will become. The Arctic is going to be ice-free in a few years time and the polar bears are going to drown!
I guess the most senseless is the claim that no matter how much it hurts, if the UK cuts its emissions (all 2% of them) then the rest of the world will follow and cut its 98% of emissions.
Well what arrogant, deluded nonsense, and no doubt countries such as China, India and Brazil must be laughing all the way to the bank at our proposed, imposed economic suicide.
It would be remiss of me if I left out the US with President Obama opining his concern about global warming, whilst at the very same time doing the very opposite to the UK by providing more gas-powered electricity.
Some might say “his words do not make any sense, as the global energy market is about to transform with the abundance of shale gas.”
Indeed, methinks that here in the UK is Lancashire about to become an El Derado of untold riches?
No doubt Hans Christian Anderson, if he were alive today, would have been more than amused at such human credibility, and no doubt Lewis Carroll must have had parliament in mind when he dreamt up the Mad Hatter’s tea party.