Pembrokeshire Football League:

Tenby 3-3 Milford United

GOALS from William Goodall, Mike McCarthy and Neil Mathias proved enough to keep Milford United in Division One after a dramatic and nervous night for Andrew Burgoyne's men at The Clicketts.

The Robins went into the game knowing they only had to match Narberth's result to survive - and duly stayed up on goal difference after The Bluebirds could only draw 2-2 at home to Monkton Swifts.

The night had started badly for the visitors, as brothers Daryl and Jerome Mansbridge combined for the latter to beat Milford keeper Andrew Fairbairn to a through ball and make it 1-0.

Fairbairn then made two crucial saves to keep his side in touch.

But Milford responded as an Ashley Mathias free kick prompted a goalmouth scramble, from which defender Goodall hammered home from close range.

And then Burgoyne's men led through McCarthy, who found space in the area and volleyed home from 12 yards.

The end to end action continued however as the prolific Sam Christopher finished well from a left wing cross to make it 2-2 before half time.

Five minutes after the break and The Robins were back in front as another Mathias cross fell to namesake Neil, who made no mistake with his side footed finish from six yards out.

Milford then struck the woodwork and a fantastic save from Tenby keeper James Dickson prevented them going further ahead - but just as it seemed they were heading for safety, Daryl Mansbridge pounced on a loose ball in the box to make it 3-3 with five minutes left.

It prompted a tense final few minutes in which both sides had openings, but after news filtered through of Narberth's draw with The Swifts, Burgoyne's men held on for their precious point.

"I aged about ten years in that final five minutes," the manager said afterwards.

"We knew the Narberth result by the time Tenby had scored their third but then both teams could have won it at the death.

"But the boys gave everything and in the end we came through."

Tenby squad: James Dickson, Joe Evans, Josh Grota, Curtis Hicks, Perry Broadhurst, Harvey Langston, Daryl Mansbridge, Richard Perry, Sam Christopher, Jerome Mansbridge, Tyler Worrell, Sonny Phillips, Mark Hicks.

Milford United: Andrew Fairbairn, Chris Davies, Tom Llewellyn, William Goodall, Scott Griffiths, Ashley Mathias, Neil Mathias, Liam Parr, Taku Padiwa, Dainy Raicu, Mike McCarthy.

Subs: Sam Davies, Chris Thompson, Jason Hicks.

Narberth 2-2 Monkton Swifts

Milford's point would not have been enough had Narberth beaten Monkton at Jesse Road.

And they got off to the perfect start after Sean O'Neill charged into the are and crossed for Dafydd Wright to open the scoring.

But The Bluebirds still went in trailing at the break as The Swifts struck twice in quick succession.

Midway through the second half Callum O'Connell volleyed home from inside the area - but The Bluebirds could not get the third goal they ultimately needed, and are relegated with Johnston due to their goal difference being inferior to Milford's.

In reality, as well as last night, Narberth were left to rue their failure to win last Saturday, where they led Neyland 4-2 heading into the closing stages, only for The Nomads to strike twice late on and deny them what would have been a crucial three points.

Narberth: Jason Jones, John Marsen, Marc Hughes, Dave Rooney, Davie Johns, Calum O'Connell, Karl Jones, Dylan Davies, Richie Adams, Dafydd Wright, Sean O'Neill.

Subs: Adam Frearson, Macauley Connor,Tom Walters.