THE Mayor of Milford, Cllr Rose Gray has received a cheque from Nantucket Charitable Incorporated Organisation towards the costs of keeping the paddling pool open last summer.

Last year county councillor Stephen Joseph brought together Pembrokeshire County Council, Milford Haven Town Council and Nantucket Charitable Incorporated Organisation to discuss securing the future of the pool and an agreement for 2018 was reached.

The town council funded 60 per cent of the pool costs and the Nantucket Charity agreed to represent the community and raise the other 40 per cent.

The Milford Haven Ladies Circle immediately stepped up and raised £500 towards the community contribution.

More than 800 children used the pool through the summer holidays last year, providing parents on low incomes with a fun day out at no cost.

Cllr Joseph expressed his thanks to everyone involved saying: "It's so positive to see the town council working with the community to secure such a fabulous facility for the children of the town. Milford has such a strong sense of community and that's reflected in partnerships like this one."

The town council has pledged a further £3,000 towards this years costs and the Nantucket CIO are keen to hear from any community organisations wishing to be a part of the community contribution for this summer.