A MAN has admitted sending two pictures of his erect penis to a 15-year-old schoolgirl’s Facebook account.

Unemployed John Thomas, 45, of Bancyrhyd, Gwaun Valley, appeared before Haverfordwest Magistrates Court today (Monday) and admitted sending an indecent image.

His victim - who cannot be named – encountered Thomas at a male friend’s house on a couple of occasions.

Thomas was dating the boy’s mother after contacting her through “the UK’s favourite naughty dating website”, Love2Hookup.com the court was told.

“The victim says she spoke briefly with the defendant, who told her he had a daughter of a similar age to her,” said prosecutor Ellie Morgan.

“He said she reminded him of his daughter.”

Ms Morgan explained that a few weeks later the girl was on Facebook when Thomas came up as a “suggested friend”.

“She sent him a friend request, and he accepted,” Ms Morgan said.

“He then liked a few of her photos, and she saw he had sent her a private message.

"There were no words, just two photos of his erect penis. The girl was shocked and disgusted.”

The teen’s mother insisted police were informed.

In a victim statement read to the court, the girl said she “couldn’t believe a man who’s a lot older than me and has a daughter my age send me indecent pictures”.

The victim said she had been left feeling “anxious” and “embarrassed” by the incident, in April 2015.

Defence solicitor Michael Kelleher said Thomas had been drunk when he mistakenly sent the images to the teenager.

He said the pictures were meant for the woman he had met online and not the teenager.

“Unfortunately, he must have pressed the wrong button,” said Mr Kelleher. “When he woke up in the morning, he couldn’t remember anything about it.

"Then the police arrived at his house. He was fully cooperative and explained what he thought had happened.

"In interview following his arrest, he said he couldn’t apologise enough to the girl and her family for the upset those images must have caused them. It was a pure accident.”

Mr Kelleher said Thomas had “suffered for a year” over his actions and had lost his job as a bus driver as a result of being charged with the offence.

“He’s effectively done a 12 month sentence waiting for this day in court,” Mr Kelleher suggested.

Magistrates imposed a three year restraining order preventing Thomas from contacting his victim, before fining him £140 and ordering him to pay the girl £200 compensation.

He must also settle court costs of £105.