West Wales Intermediate Cup Round Four:

Goodwick United 4-3 Hakin United

Kieran O'Brien's 88th minute header sent Goodwick United into the last eight of the West Wales Cup as they overcame Hakin at Phoenix Park - but only after another dramatic clash between the two sides that yielded seven goals, six of them in the second half.

Justin Harding's superb early strike gave The Vikings the half time lead after a largely uninspired first 45 minutes, before the game burst into life in the second period. It was Harding who put Hakin back ahead after Scott Delaney had levelled for The Phoenix Boys, only for Jonny Horgan and then Delaney again to put the home side 3-2 up.

The pendulum swung again as Leigh Marchant made it 3-3, and after both sides missed chances, O'Brien's late header from a Horgan corner kept alive Goodwick's hopes of regaining the trophy they famously won in the 2015/16 season.

Clashes between this pair have rarely disappointed in recent years, and this one got off to an explosive start three minutes in when Ryan Wilson made ground down the right for Hakin, and after his cross was only partially cleared by Wayne O'Sullivan, Harding hammered a first time left foot shot from the edge of the area that flew into James Gwilt's top corner.

But for the remainder of the half, clear chances were few and far between on a Phoenix Park surface that was deceptively heavy.

Lee Hudgell's floated cross was tipped over from under his own bar by Adrian Devonald, and O'Brien's low effort was comfortably held by the Hakin keeper.

But by in large Kristan Bennett's men were comfortable - threatening themselves when Harding's acrobatic effort went wide after good work from Wilson and Gareth Fawcett.

It wasn't until the final moments of the half when the home side fashioned a real opening when Iestyn Evans headed against the post from Horgan's corner, and when the ball came back into the area, O'Brien skewed a close range effort wide.

But if the first half was underwhelming, the second was anything but, and within 13 minutes of the re-start 1-0 to the visitors became 3-2 to the hosts.

The returning Jordan Griffiths should have had Goodwick level immediately when he rose unchallenged to meet a Horgan corner but nodded over - but 50 minutes in Hudgell's cross-come-shot was turned in by a sliding Delaney.

Barely 60 seconds later though, Hakin led again as Fawcett whipped a terrific cross in from the right, and Harding timed his run perfectly before planting a header past Gwilt.

Within five minutes, their advantage was again wiped out as Griffiths headed against the bar from a Steffan Hayes cross, but Horgan was on hand to drive home the rebound.

With Hakin clearly struggling to deal with the balls into the area, The Phoenix Boys continued to push men forward at set pieces, and on 58 minutes they led for the first time and again Horgan was involved, his corner headed home by centre back Delaney.

Bennett responded by throwing on club captain Nicky Woodrow, his first game back after a lengthy injury lay off, but it was left back Marchant who then turned the tide again, driving forward before cutting into the box and burying his low effort to make it 3-3.

At that point there were still 23 minutes left and then came a flashpoint when O'Brien, already on a yellow card, escaped punishment for a late tackle on Wilson, and referee Mike Phillips ordered Hakin assistant coach Stuart MacDonald away from the sidelines in the protests that followed.

To the credit of both sides, they looked to win it in the latter stages and Hudgell's goal bound shot was cleared off the line by Marchant, before the winger's cross led to Griffiths being denied again - as Devonald saved brilliantly from his downward header.

At the other end, both Daniel Armstrong and Woodrow were thwarted by smart saves from Gwilt - before with time running out, Harding missed a chance to win it when his first time volley from Woodrow's inch perfect cross flew over.

But then with extra time looming, it was The Phoenix Boys who struck and predictably by this point, it came from a corner as Horgan's in-swinging delivery caused confusion in the six yard box, and after the ball deflected back up in the air O'Brien rose highest to seal a pulsating cup tie.

Goodwick United: James Gwilt, Steffan Hayes, Wayne O'Sullivan, Llyr Tobin (Matty Delaney 53), Scott Delaney, Iestyn Evans, Adam Raymond (capt), Kieran O'Brien, Lee Hudgell, Jordan Griffiths, Jonny Horgan (Chris O'Sullivan 90).

Subs not used: Anthony Couzens, Steve Dockerty, Rowan Nicholson.

Hakin United: Adrian Devonald, Jake Merry, Leigh Marchant, Sion Price (Bradley Barrett 73), Daniel Armstrong, Criag Nicholson, Jonty Bennett (Nicky Woodrow 63), Justin Harding, Adam John, Ryan Wilson Gareth Fawcett.

Subs not used: Shane Walsh, Jimmy Walker.