Under 16s Pembrokeshire Cup final: Angle 0-2 Camrose

The future looks bright for Camrose, as their talented Under 16’s won the Pembrokeshire Cup Final in awful conditions against Angle side.

The result secured the double for the team managed by John Roberts since they were under 7s, with help from coach Dan Llewellyn.

Despite the heavy rain coming down on the Conygar Bridge Meadow, they prevailed to win 2-0 against Angle in a very exciting game where both teams played some good football despite all the adverse weather,

Harman has Camrose in front:

Camrose started well with Dafydd Harman scoring a free kick from 25 yards to open the score line after just 12 minutes - Angle wwere otherwise rock solid at the back with Owen Davies making crucial tackles through the first half and team captain Jarvis Thomas working hard up and down the right flank.

Both teams battled hard through the rain and trick to attack as Angle pressed through forwards Jarvis Thomas, David Clive and Dylan Jones, but the solid centre back partnership of Ioan Roberts and Freddie Dorn ensured the Camrose goal keeper Finlay Elerick kept a clean sheet.

And then it was Jack Griffiths who made an impressive run to assist goal scorer Tyree Thompson to put Camrose 2-0 up just before half time .

Sun shines on second half:

The weather took a turn for the better in the second half with the sun coming out, and the quality of the final one for the youngsters to remember.

Camrose captain Charlie Hayes battled well through the second half putting his body on the line on numerous occasions and leading from the front to help fellow centre midfield partner Alec Larsen keep the blues ahead. Hayes and Larsen created some great chances for attackers Jack Griffiths and Morgan Bromham but the Angle’s keeper Euan McDonald made some excellent saves throughout the second half to ensure Camrose didn’t get a third.

There was some great talent on display from both sides in all areas with Camrose’s defence proving too strong for Angle to break down as Man of the Match Ioan Roberts ensured the blues were tight and kept a clean sheet.

Double joy for Camrose:

After 80 minutes of exiting football the final whistle blew as John Roberts’s side secured the double having won the league two months before. 

Both sides credited the Pembrokeshire League afterwards for delivering a well-organised final for supporters to enjoy.