Pembroke County Cricket Club Division 2 reports:

Carew (133 all out) lost to Johnston (210-9) by 77 runs

After almost two seasons without a win there was a mixture of joy and relief for Johnston as they came away from Carew with 30 points.

The visitors made 210-9 in their 45 overs as Geno Cleal helped lay the foundations with a knock of 76, but it was a magical spell from Nick Davies that took centre stage as he took 7-41 to help seal a 77 run win.

It was Cleal and veteran opener Steve James that put on 114 for the first wicket, a stand ended when the latter fell to Barry Evans for 44 (five fours).

Cleal’s knock included six sixes and five fours before he was eventually skittled by Jacob Knox with a century in sight, and although that stalled Johnston’s momentum runs from John Summons (14), Josh Hicks (19), and Nick Davies (12) helped them past the 200 mark.

For Carew, Evans finished with 1-29, Knox 2-45, and Rhys Canton 2-37, but it was Robbie Hicks who led the bowling with figures of 4-22 in his six overs.

But The Rooks fell to 14-2 in their reply as Mark Hicks (2-28) struck twice to remove Ben Evans and (7) and Rob Hicks (0) – before Barry Evans and Iori Hicks briefly steadied matters with a stand of 49.

It was then that Davies ran riot though, clean bowling Evans (18) and going on to take six more wickets – including the vital one of Hicks who holed out to Cleal having made 62 (seven fours and a six).

The same player took another catch to dismiss the next highest scorer in Alex Wilkes (28) to give John Summons (1-21) his only wicket – and fittingly it was Davies who provided the winning moment in the 33rd over by clean bowling No 10 Rhys Canton (3).

The win won’t save Johnston from relegation, but it is just reward for the players who have kept going throughout a tough two seasons.

Haverfordwest 2nds (180-7) beat Cresselly 2nds (179-3) by 3 wickets

Haverfordwest 2nds secured survival, and at the same time relegated Cresselly 2nds, thanks to a terrific eighth wicket stand by Nigel Morgan and Ashley James as The Racecourse.

The Doves opted to bat first despite the morning rain, and posted a decent total on a slow surface after openers Neal Williams and Richard Harries pit on 128.

Williams hit ten fours and a six in his 83 while Harries made 51 (five fours), while skipper Matt Lewis (20) and Cory Hill (15 not out) both enjoyed quick cameo’s.

For The Town, wickets fell to Ashley James (1-50), Danny Dewstowe (2-40) and Nigel Morgan (1-43).

It was the visitors who then seemed on the brink of victory when they reduced their host to 105-7, with knocks from opener Doug Johnson (36) and No 3 Huw Scriven (31) countered by wickets for impressive young spinner Charlie Arthur (3-9), Lewis (1-18), and Olly (1-19) and Lyn Richards (1-25).

But Morgan and James refused to wilt and shared a match winning stand of 75, the captain ending 39 not out (three fours) and James unbeaten on 36 (six fours) to secure their survival.

Hook v Narberth – match abandoned. Narberth promoted to Division 1.

Pembroke (110-9) lost to Llechryd (113-4) by 6 wickets

Llechryd took full advantage of Narberth being called off to move 47 points clear at the top of Division 2 – although their rivals can cut that today with their re-arranged game against the same side at Treleet.

Pembroke batted first yesterday and never got going, laboring to 110-9 in 45 overs as Andrew hay (14), Phil Hay (12), captain Jack Harries (18), Aiden Fraser (14) and Sam Davies 19) all failed to push on after getting set.

For Llechryd, already promoted to the top flight, wickets were shared between Rhys Bears (1-23), Pete Betterley (2-10), and Andrew Fletcher (4-19), as well as two run outs,

The hosts did strike early in the Llechryd reply as Rob Smythe snared opener Michael Carter for a duck, but then came a stand of 73 between John Curran and Sam Smith before the latter fell to Sam Davies for 23.

The same bowler trapped Curran lbw for a hard hitting 49 (two sixes and six fours) to take figures of 2-28, while Matthew O’Neill also had Bears trapped before for 23.

But by then victory was assured and Joe Mansfield 7 not out, Graham Keen came in and hit a first ball boundary to finish the job in the 23rd over.

Pembroke Dock (211 all out) lost to Kilgetty (212-6) by 4 wickets

The heroics of Jake Griffiths weren’t enough for Pembroke Dock as Tom Lewis and Kyle Marsh both hit half centuries to secure a win for Kilgetty.

This was after opener Griffiths had cracked 127, and 90 of those came in sixes as he smashed 15 maximums as well as six fours.

He was eventually bowled by Kyle Marsh going for another big hit to end a stand of 150 between him and Nick Daley, who straight after was caught by Jack Bevan off Marsh for 28.

But that prompted a flurry of wickets, and no other batsman got double figures as Robbie Beyon took 4-28 (12 overs), Marsh (2-40) and Levi Hughes (2-68) to restrict the home side to 211 all out.

Kilgetty reached 93-3 in their response as Jack Parkinson (13), Christian Phillips (18) and Matthew Lewis (13) all got starts, but it was a stand of 97 between Tom Lewis and Marsh that essentially settled matters.

Opener Lewis hit 58 while Marsh continued his good form with 71, and although both were out with victory in sight Geoff Marsh (8 not out) finished the job with the winning runs in the 39th over.

For The Dock, Billy Wood finished with 2-43, Jamie White 2-62, and Scott Griffiths and Archie Wood had a wicket each.