Division Three West A: St Davids 5-13 Llangwm

The first ever Johnny James Cup went back with Llangwm after they came through yet another tough battle with St Davids.

The game was played in swirling winds and after The Wasps led 8-5 at half time, the score stayed that way until the dying seconds when No 10 Jo Kiff intercepted a pass and raced 50 metres yards to make the corner.

By that point the visitors had already secured the silverware as they held a 12 point aggregate lead from the first game at Pill Parks, but this gave them a third league win of the season while The Saints remain bottom with just a solitary point.

It was Llangwm who had first use of the strong gales and full back Luke Hayman did well to land a wide angled penalty, but it was St Davids who grabbed the first try.

Full back Rhys Morgan kicked a penalty to the corner and after skipper Dan Murphy burst to within metres of a line, a period of pressure culminated with the prop popping up again near the corner flag to score.

Back came Llangwm as strong carries from Gethin Thomas and flanker James Lewis, who came in on permit from Whitland, set the platform for Kiff to float out a long pass winger Daniel Morgan gathered out wide before diving over.

The Saints wasted a chance to re-take the lead when they failed to capitalise on a series of close range scrums but with the elements behind them second half, they kicked off favourites with just a three point deficit.

But it was Llangwm who controlled the play and possession in the final 40 minutes. Returning winger Mike Venables twice went close, one time being denied a try for a double movement, and second rows Jason Mock and David Reynolds were among those held up inches short.

The Saints meanwhile, struggled to get any field position but did break from deep late on when Dylan Walsh switched to scrum half and went blind from a scrum before setting Lee Phillips off on a run down the wing - but he was tackled into touch by the cover defence.

Then from the final play, The Saints tried to attack from a lineout near half way but the ball bounced off the knee of centre George Raymond and into the hands of Kiff, who duly sped downfield and dived over out wide to seal the win.

Afterwards the family of Johnny James presented the trophy to Llangwm skipper Thomas, before both sets of players and supporters again showcased the best side of grassroots rugby with a big night together in the clubhouse.

St Davids: Rhys Morgan, Josh Atherton, Dylan Walsh, George Raymond, Luke Brooks, Owain Beynon, Zak Morgan, Will Davies, Tom Clarke, Dan Murphy, Dan Boyes, Emyr Wile, Llion Williams, Rhys Price, Gethin Bateman. Replacements: Lee Phillips, Andrew Battin, Steve Griffiths, Mikey Matthews, Fraser Watson.

Llangwm: Luke Hayman, Daniel Morgan, Yale Grice, Louis Murphy, Mike Venables, Jo Kiff, Oliver Davies, Ieuan Power, Phil Lewellyn, Gethin Thomas, Jason Mock, David Reynolds, Ian Griffiths, James Lewis (1), James Lewis (2). Replacements: Matt Lewis, Gethin Thomas (2), Iwan Griffiths, David Lewis,

Referee: Julian Thomas.