It will be Llanrhian v Laugharne in the 2020 Allan Brown Cup final after both came through tense run chases last night.

The pair overcame Crymych and Stackpole respectively to set up a final at Lawrenny on Bank Holiday Sunday, August 30th.

Crymych (98 all out) lost to Llanrhian (102-6) by 4 wickets

It will be a second successive final for Llanrhian but only after the Cows were made to work hard to get past Division 4 side Crymych at their new Ysgol Y Preseli ground.

Put into bat, skipper Sam Kurtz helped the hosts to a useful platform as they reached 71-1 – but it was then a hat trick from fast bowler Anthony Couzens changed the course of the night.

Kurtz lost opening partner Rhodri Lewis without scoring as he drove a Daf Williams delivery straight to Jack Jones, but fresh off hitting 82 not out against Hundleton the previous evening, combined quick singles with the odd big hit and put on 70 with No 3 Osian Wyn.

It was then that Couzens intervened though, clean bowling the latter and Dan Griffiths in successive balls, and then from the first ball of his following over coaxed Kurtz into a drive which was again snaffled by Jones – the opener falling for 48 (two sixes and two fours).

The Crymych tail then struggled as Couzens went on to finish with 5-14, while Jones took for 2-9 and two run outs saw the home side finish 98 all out – the 10th wicket coming off the final ball of the innings.

The Llanrhian reply started tensely as skipper Richard Reed (1) was bowled by James George, and Paul Lewis (4) fell to Ioan Davies.

No 3 Jack Jones and brother Ben steadied matters, the latter hitting a six of his first ball before also falling to Davies for 12, while Adam Phillips (9) was bowled by Osian Wyn to leave matters at 66-4.

Jones hit two sixes and two fours but then was hampered by injury, and ironically after calling for a runner was run out for 39, but Llanrhian’s other Ben (David) Jones and Tom Clarke (4 not out) took them to 84-5 in 17 overs – with the home side left ruing a couple of dropped chances along the way.

A six and a four off from Jones of Dan Griffiths then effectively ended matters, and although he was also then run out for 21, Chris Cousens came in to hit the winning single and send the cup holders back to the final.

Laugharne (130-4) beat Stackpole (129-5) by 6 wickets

The fifth wicket pairing of James Stephenson and Carl Smith held their nerve as Laugharne chased down a tricky total to beat Stackpole.

The home side were 74-4 chasing 130 to win, but the pair put on an unbroken 56 and accelerated well in the closing stages to seal a win with seven balls to spare.

The visitors were playing for the second successive night after winning at Johnston on Tuesday, and after being put into bat, were 14-2 as Josh Davies (1) was bowled by Smith (1-26) and John Williams (5) fell in the same manner to James Ingleton (1-17).

Rich Mackay (8) also went cheaply, caught by Andrew Edwards off Shaun Lynch (1-41), but it was No 3 Lewys Gibby who pushed his side to a competitive score.

He cracked 77 not out, a knock that included four sixes, and had support from Euan MacDonald who made 22 before holing out to Ingleton off Simon Davies (1-42).

Paul Oeppen was run out for 1 and Marcus Adie was 2 not out as they joined Gibby at the death, and in gloomy conditions a total of 129-5 looked a useful one.

But the home side raced to 50-0 in their reply as Edwards and Ingleton went on the attack, their progress checked when the former was skittled by MacDonald for 28 – 24 of which came in boundaries.

And the visitors then took command as Ingleton followed for 33, caught by Gibby off Mackay, and when George Smith dismissed Craig Hurst and Mackay again struck to get rid of Chris Rodenhurst, Laugharne faced an uphill task.

But Stephenson and Smith held their nerve, and with 29 needed off three overs they took 19 off Gibby’s bowling in the 18th, and took the 10 they needed off Mackay in the 19th.

Stephenson finished 33 not out (three fours and a six) and Smith 20 not out (three fours).