Carew AFC tightened their grip on third place in the Pembrokeshire League Division One at the weekend, with a high-scoring victory over fourth placed Clarbeston Road.

Adam Muskett scored a first-half hat-trick as the Rooks led 5-0 at half time, with Muskett’s two adding to Curtis Hurlow, Gareth Lewis and Archie Smith strikes.

Clarby Road fought back in the second half, netting strikes through Richard Bevan, Jason Griffiths and Matthew Griffiths, but Jordan Richards sealed the 6-3 win for Carew with a late strike.

The stars of the weekend for Hakin United, as the champions remain hopeful of retaining their title, scoring 14 without reply against basement club Narberth.

Four Hakin players all scored hat-tricks: Shane Walsh, Gareth Fawcett, Justin Harding and Ashley Bevan, as Ryan Wilson and Jake Merry also got their names on the scoresheet.

The win sees the Vikings 13 points behind league leaders Goodwick United, with four games in hand.

However, Goodwick don’t look like slowing down, securing another three points at the weekend with an away victory at Monkton Swifts.

First-half strikes from Jordan Griffiths and Rhys Dalling gave the visitors a 2-0 lead at half time, before Jamie Wilkes pulled one back for the hosts.

Griffiths and Dalling added more to make it 4-1 to Goodwick, as Connor Hay grabbed a consolation for his side.

The win means Goodwick now only need two more victories to secure the Pembrokeshire League Division One title.

Elsewhere, Merlins Bridge tightened their grip on a top-half finish, with an emphatic 4-1 home win over Fishguard Sports.

Ben Davies opened the scoring for the hosts, before Jordan Raymond swiftly equalised before half time.

However Merlins Bridge, and more specifically David Haworth, took the game to Sports, as the Wizards man netted three times to secure the victory, including a late penalty.

The final game saw a last-minute winner in a local derby see Pennar Robins victorious away at Hundleton.

Thomas Grimwood and Craig Asparassa both scored to give the Robins a 2-0 half-time lead, before Hundleton levelled it up in the second half through goals from William Abraham and Cameron Brunton.

But drama came late on, as Robins player-manager Sam Southcott managed to grab the much-needed winner in stoppage time.